Activities in the West Coast Area & Surrounds
Visiting the nearby attractions, a day of boating or a day spent at the golf course or the shopping mall, or an evening out at the Casino – all of this and more is only minutes away from your unique home in Blue Bay Village.
- Saldanha is a great spot for water activities such as sailing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
- The Blue Bay Lodge offers a launching site for jetskis, boats and hobie cats.
- Arrange to take a Beach hiking trail in and around Saldanha.
- Cycling trails are also popular in and around Saldanha.
More things to do and see …
Within a 30-minute drive, you will find:
- The nearby West Coast National Park is rich in Cape fynbos and wildlife.
- Visit the Fossil Park.
- View blue wildebeest and giraffes at the Buffelsfontein Private Game park.
- Guided nature walks, bird watching and the multi-flower extravaganza during spring.
- There are 3 golf courses in the vicinity which are very popular with the residents.
- There are organised boat trips and deep-sea fishing and scuba diving abound on the West Coast.
- Try you luck at the Club Mykonos Casino.
- Olifantskop offers you horse back riding.
- Strandloper is an unique West Coast open air seafood restaurant.
The city of Cape Town is only 127 km away.
Your Blue Bay Village Investment – Future Growth potential
The Saldanha Bay Municipality says: “It is the vision of the municipality to make this a preferred area of choice to live in, to do business in as well as for recreation.” “We want to be a leading municipality in the provision of quality service at an affordable price, a place where all have access to development opportunities, where the riches of the land and sea are utilised in a sustainable manner. We strive to reach the 3 objectives of sustainable development, namely human welfare, economic success and ecological responsibility.”
The mission is to market Saldanha Bay as a perfect location to invest and to do business and to attract domestic and foreign investment: SBID – Saldanha Bay Industrial Development
Undoubtedly one of the key initiatives undertaken by the Municipality in recent years has been to align with the South African Industrial Development Zone Programme which is part of national government’s strategy to position the country within the global economy. The aim is to encourage international competitiveness and sustainable economic growth through strategic investments in export manufacturing industries in the Saldanha Bay municipal area.
The Industrial Development Zones (IDZs) are purpose-built industrial estates, linked to an international port or airport, which have been specifically designated for new investment by export oriented industries and related services.
The IDZ in Saldanha Bay is seen as a potential catalyst to expand the potential of the harbour and launch the Oil and Gas services cluster.
President Jacob Zuma officially launched the Saldanha Bay Industrial Development Zone in November 2014.
The new IDZ is expected to give a major boost to the country’s industrialisation and job creation drives, while attracting both local and foreign direct investment into the country.
“Our objective is to develop the Saldanha-Northern Cape linked region in an integrated manner through rail and port expansion as well as back-of-port industrial capacity,” Zuma said during the launch.
“Our strategy is also aimed at strengthening the maritime support capacity to create economic opportunities from the gas and oil mining activities along the African west coast, as well as the expansion of iron ore mining production and beneficiation in the Northern Cape.”
Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies added that a feasibility study had shown that the Saldanha Bay IDZ could potentially contribute 86 per cent to the gross geographic product of the Western Cape and create in the region of 12,000 new jobs.
“Additionally, the Saldanha Bay IDZ is likely to attract foreign direct investment worth approximately R9.3 billion over 25 years”, Davies said.
Text and content attributed to: The SA Mag.